You will be part of the talented software development team of our client, that is an Excellence Software Development Center opened in Bucharest. This position reports directly to the Tech/Team Lead, and mainly interfaces with Business Analysts, Project Managers, and Quality Assurance Engineers.
You are passionate about software engineering, familiar with Agile-based SDLC from preliminary system analysis to test and deployment, have full-stack capability, is eager to understand business and end-user requirements and is available for long-term commitment.
The iNCA application (International New Claims Application) is a critical application, responsible for the registration and management of new claims raised by clients in the event of a defaulted contract.
The application supports and automates a major part of operations in the claims divisions of our client branches Europe and South and North America. In addition, the application serves as an information tool for the contract and claims divisions.
The application is going through a modernization phase meant to upgrade all technologies and bring it up to modern standards.
Main Technologies :
• Java 8
• Weblogic 12
• Swing/Angular 6
• Design and engineer of high-performing, mission-critical and scalable enterprise-grade applications
• Act as Technical Leader for one or more parts within the solutions
• Coach Mid and Junior levels of Software Developers, and perform code reviews
• Can take roles of Scrums master in Agile-based SDLCs that follows the Scrum methodology
• Ensure your deliverables are in compliance with functional and non-functional specifications
• Provide support for refactoring and architectural reviews
• Contribute in all phases of SDLC, including bug fixing and production issues investigation
• Maintain high standard of source code quality as per Quality Gates requirements by writing clean, efficient and testable code
• Provide support in packaging deployment of releases, by documentation or hands-on tasks
• Participate in code reviews to ensure that implemented features are maintainable, supportable, resilient and performing
• Assist in the elaboration and documentation of business requirements, development of user stories, provide development tasks effort estimations and participate in elaboration of planning activities.
Requirements & Competencies
• BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• 4+ years’ experience working on Java/JavaEE - based projects as Software Developer
• Good command in spoken and written English
• Proven hands-on experience and good knowledge of Java Core concepts: Collections, threading, streams, I/O, XML processing, OOP concepts
• Proven knowledge in working with databases and persistence frameworks: JDBC, SQL and PL/SQL, Hibernate
• Good knowledge of J2EE/Java EE concepts: JPA, EJBs, JAX-WS/JAX-RS, REST/RESTfull, SOAP, RMI
• Knowledge of asynchronous programming: Observables, Streaming
• Knowledge of basic architectural patterns: 3-Tier, SOA, DAO/EAO
• Knowledge of the Spring Framework modules is a plus: Spring Web, Spring Core, Spring JDBC
• Good knowledge in creating SPA / MPA Web UIs with Angular JS / Angular 2+
• Good knowledge of build automation tools like Maven, Ant, Jenkins
• Good experience with JUnit in writing unit tests, and creating integration tests suites
• Good knowledge of GoF Design Patterns and basic knowledge of Enterprise Integration Patterns
• Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
• Vacation, Gift and Meal Tickets
• Personal and Professional Development (Training and Certification)
• Gym Subscription and Medical Insurance (children included)
• Public Transportation Discount
• Monthly Short Friday
• Foosball and XBOX.