The individual will be responsible for all aspects of test engineering and validation of APIs and data integration services developed, with opportunities to stretch more broadly. This will include working closely with software engineers to create solid core designs and enable testability of the products. You will also work under the guidance of Portfolio QA Automation Lead to understand the roadmap of new features and ensure automation occurs for new features being built.
● Executing integration tests in sync with the development process for all releases/feature enhancements and production support issues for the Integrations Team – these tests could be specific to APIs being built and integration with event driven architecture;
● Designing new tests to expand overall automated test coverage as new APIs or events are build;
● Work through how to find edge cases and prepare data for manual and automated testing;
● Determine overall business requirements and which test cases should be automated;
● Create test cases/test scenarios for variations on request and response to explore various data element combinations for Services Testing;
● Find defects and work directly with the developer to create a fix and validate it;
● Analyze and review Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Business Requirements and Functional Specifications;
● Participate with Tech Lead & BA in initial estimate of work coming in the pipeline;
● Look for seams that will enable faster, targeted testing, and not be afraid to code tests at the unit and service layers. Again, having knowledge of multiple tools enables SDETs to automate outside of the box of UI automation;
● Implement and record QA metrics.
● Implement a customized automation framework which caters as a common platform for API test automation, ensuring efficient architecture, performance, and ensure quality software;
● Execute on automation plan, and implementation of tests within the automation framework and its improvements;
● Building an automated test infrastructure that performs integration tests.
Learning & Strategy
● Continuous improvement mindset to introduce new QA tools and processes to bring further efficiency, speed and quality into the work at hand;
● Staying abreast of industry direction with respect to ensuring our platform and strategy takes advantage of appropriate new technology and processes.