What great looks like in this role
Our ideal SOC Analyst candidate is curious and passionate about learning. You’ll use your skills to address security incidents and implement data science-driven tools. You’re also collaborating with the Threat Intelligence Team to enhance prevention, detection, and threat hunting capabilities.
Objectives of this role
· Support MassMutual’s information security operations, including the development maintenance of standards, procedures, and baselines necessary to meet security requirements.
· Implement RunBooks for specific types of incidents, orchestration scripts to address security incidents and the implementation of an enabling set of data science-driven tools to insure SOC analysts spend more time on the analysis of events and less time on manual incident response activities.
Daily and monthly responsibilities
· Identify, classify and document adversary Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs)
· Perform Malware analysis and extract Indicators of Compromise (IOCs) to feed our Threat Intelligence Platform
· Work collaboratively with our Threat Intelligence team to enrich and enhance prevention, detection and threat hunting capabilities
· Assist in the identification, assessment and prioritization of threats to MassMutual Systems
· Cultivate and maintain relationships with internal and external teams to support the SOC’s mission
· Develop Playbooks required to successfully respond to specific threats
· Create RunBooks contributing to the automation of SOC procedures designed to counter adversary behavior
Skills and qualifications
At least 3 years of experience with the following:
· Python, PowerShell or other related scripting languages
· Network protocols (such as HTTP/S, SMTP, DNS, and SMB) and how they are leveraged by attackers.
· Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTP) categorization frameworks such as Mitre ATT&CK, Cyber Analytics Repository (CAR), etc.
· Living off the land techniques used by adversaries, using tools such as PowerShell, WMIC, Task Scheduler, Windows Registry, etc.
· 5 years of experience using all of the above technologies is preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
· Experience working within a lean organization
· Excellent communication skills
· Demonstrates MM Winning Ways
· A high level of curiosity and a passion to learn