Our client is currently seeking a Principal Storage Engineer for their private cloud platform.
This is a principal-level position within software development, and in a highly collaborative environment working directly with Development, QA, Operations and Product Management teams across geographies.
Block, C, Cloud Storage, File, Linux, Linux Kernel
- Master's Degree or PhD degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering (with programming skills/experience) or Computer Science (with hardware skills/experience) or, equivalent practical experience, such as:
- Provable leadership and hand on role developing award or market winning storage SW and HW platforms
- Peer reviewed research papers or books in the distributed storage or file system design or storage development and benchmarking
- Patent portfolio demonstrating innovation in storage and/or file system areas
- Author or core developer or industry leading storage and/or file system frameworks, products of technologies
- Design and Development Experience in distributed file system development.
- Strong technical credentials experience with building storage services or storage products
- Demonstrated knowledge of block, object and file storage technologies.
- Experience with Linux Kernel, especially the kernel interface, kernel modules, and the user/kernel boundary
- Direct experience with implementation storage system features such as: deduplication, thin provisioning, iSCSI, multipathing, encryption,
snapshots, NFS, RAID, redundancy, and high availability.
- Strong data structures, design, algorithms, coding skills.
- Excellent understanding of linux cluster/scale out (DRDB, Pacemaker, cluster quorum approaches, global namespaces, etc)
- Experience with C++ and/or C in a Linux/UNIX data center environment.
- Deep knowledge in identifying performance bottlenecks and performance optimization..
- Experience with VMWare, KVM, Openstack and other cloud technologies desired.
- Experience integrating/deploying multiple storage technologies in a cloud environment.
Nice to have
- Experience with CI/CD tools like GIT/Jenkins etc.
- Experience conducting concept and usability testing and gathering feedback
- Flexible program
- Medical Insurrance
- Ticket meals
- Life insurance
- 2 sick days
- Team Building
- Technology Academy
- Share purchase program