DevOps & SAAS Operations Lead (anti-spam email security)
|Our client is the most fast-growing anti-spam email security provider, expanding on all fronts, founded in The Netherlands. Together with 60+ highly motivated colleagues (the majority located in offices in Amsterdam and Bucharest), they are changing the anti-spam industry. They form a strong team of diverse, international people working with customers around the globe.
Our client cares about people who are social, smart and passionate, reliable, work well both in a team but also individually, are driven by high performance and simply feel at home in their family. Each individual has a critical task within the company, they're efficient and get things done.
The successful candidate will possess a high degree of technical skill, likes to work with cutting edge technology stacks, and have a good understanding of cloud infrastructures. You have a collaborate approach to problem solving and understand the financial impact on changes you implement. All of this with a DevOps mentality in mind.
If this describes you and you are passionate about what you do and thrive in a challenging, high-growth, and dynamic environment, please read on.
- Oversee daily operational activities, ensure proactive best practices, and deliver a high level of customer service.
- Track key performance and capacity metrics to ensure consistent and proactive management of service delivery.
- Primary liaison with product development teams concerning support of product delivery timelines. Active participation in daily stand-up meetings.
- Provide mentoring to team members.
- Plan, manage and provide systems infrastructure and application support.
- Responsible for availability, security and performance of the operational systems.
- Develop and implement operational best practices while maintaining agility stress automation of operational activities (IAC Mentality).
- Manage relationships with hosting providers and other suppliers and hold them to a high level of service.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in appropriate technical discipline.
- 5+ years relevant technical experience, prior staff management experience preferred but not required.
- Fluency of the English language
- Experience designing and implementing SAAS solutions.
- Has proven knowledge of AWS.
- Working experience of DevOps in a global environment (Apache / Nginx web farms running high-volume database-driven applications)
- Solid TCP/IP networking experience and understanding
- Experience with tools for automation of deployment, monitoring and management of systems, such as Chef / Puppet / Ansible / Vagrant / SaltStack
- Network, OS and Application monitoring tools, such as Munin, Nagios, Zabbix
- Strong customer orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Attention to detail and focus on quality
- Strong communication skills to effectively liaise with both technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to act decisively and works well under pressure
- Must be a collaborative problem solver
- A full-time position (40 hours/week)
- Attractive salary and regular performance-dependent salary increases, annual bonus plan
- Private medical subscription
- Modern office facilities located centrally
- Lots of space for self-development, personal growth, and opportunities to contribute
- Possibility to get involved in our Social Responsibility Program
- A team of high performing and passionate colleagues