QA Engineer (Security Solutions)
|Our client delivers easy to use technologies and services to businesses and governments, authenticating identities and protecting data so their clients stay safe and enable services in personal devices, connected objects, the cloud and in between.
Their solutions are at the heart of modern life, from payment to enterprise security and the internet of things. They authenticate people, transactions and objects, encrypt data and create value for software enabling their clients in more than 180 countries to deliver secure digital services for billions of individuals and things.
As a QA Engineer, you will be responsible for the validation and integration of turnkey software systems based on our client software solutions in the fields of image processing, biometrics, automated fingerprint identification for a worldwide customer base which includes law enforcement, government and commercial customers.
A week in the life of a QA Engineer:
- You will perform the entire validation process of biometric products and integrate them in the customer environment;
- You will perform functional and non-functional testing;
- You will create/execute the test plan and present the test results;
- You will execute regression tests and initiate corrective action if needed;
- You will collaborate with developers and client engineers as needed to resolved problems and identify root cause of product defects;
- You will create and review functional specification documents and user manuals;
- You will provide feedback and recommendations on software usability and functionality;
- You will deploy and integrate validated components with external systems;
- You will manage the test environments;
- You will provide feedback and recommendations on software usability and functionality.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or equivalent work experience;
- 2+ years of Tester/Quality Assurance Engineer related experience with manual testing and automation testing, good knowledge of validation methodologies, processes and tools.
- Experience using different types of testing (Functional, Regression, Smoke, Sanity);
- Experience in functional and non-functional testing;
- Experience with bug tracking and reporting systems;
- Microsoft Windows OS relevant experience (installation, configuration);
- Basic networking knowledge;
- Basic/intermediate knowledge of SQL and Database servers (Oracle is an advantage);
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and provide solutions;
- Problem solving and analytical skills, capable to openly present her/his own ideas;
- Independent and highly self-motivated with a strong customer focus;
- Up to date with latest technologies being used in testing to apply them on the job and able to communicate about upcoming releases and best practices to internal groups;
- Fluent in English, in verbal and written communication;
- Availability for frequent travel abroad mostly within the EMEA region (up to 30%).
Nice to have capabilities:
- Linux system administration experience;
- UNIX and Windows scripting experience - .bat, shell (.sh);
- Network infrastructure administration (firewalls, routers, switches);
- Knowledge on fingerprint, facial or iris biometrics;