Research Engineer (new cybersecurity automotive project in Bucharest)
|Our client provides IT consultancy exclusively for a multinational company Â– which is world leader in the automation production, being a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macro trends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 122,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, they have an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything we make and do.
Currently they are expanding their current team, so they are looking for a Research Engineer for their headquarters in Bucharest.
- Development and calibration of physics-based, control-oriented real-time capable models for automotive powertrains using Matlab / Simulink / C-language
- Development and calibration of virtual sensors/indicators and classifiers based on control oriented models, using advanced estimation techniques (example: Extended Kalman Filter (EKF) for IVHM
- Design of experiment (DoE) for control oriented modeling. Management of experimental campaigns (e.g. at the engine test bench).
- Develop intellectual property and new technologies to differentiate HAS products and services in area of modeling and sensing for turbocharged diesel / gasoline engines.
- Cooperate with a dedicated software team to turn research into software products. Preparation of related documentation and manuals and assistance in release process.
- Manage customer projects (may require international travel), including validation of algorithms at customer site, customer-facing progress reports, translation of customer needs into technology requirements, preparation of written reports
Required Skills & Experience
- M.Sc. or PhD. in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with good knowledge of control oriented modeling, physics-based modeling for automotive systems.
- Experience with programming languages (e.g. C) and standard engineering tools Matlab/Simulink, basic knowledge of embedded platforms for automotive (rapid prototyping systems, ECUs), willingness to learn new technologies / systems
- Good command of the English language, communication and presentation skills
- A passion for developing the automotive industry and the future of mobility, or an interest to learn
- Big data, Machine learning, regression
- .Net C# basic programming knowledge/skills
Our client offers:
- Competitive salary and an attractive benefits package
- Career growth opportunities
- Experienced leaders to support your professional development
- Dynamic and international work environment
- Private health insurance
- Meal tickets
- 26 days of paid vacation leave