Junior Software Consultant - PL/SQL
|Our client offer flexible and customised professional consultancy services, designed to create added value for our customers. They are a dynamic team of consultants specialised in information security as well as project and strategy management. They work as a team with each client and seek to deliver feasible innovative solutions, focused on addressing the identified problems.
Their organisational values include: reliability, competence, open communication, results oriented, efficiency, and keeping our promises.
- Accommodate business reporting needs, using existing reports or by developing new, ad-hoc, reports;
- Analyze requirements, develop, test and deploy on the production environment various functionalities based on PL/SQL.
- Participating in business requirements meetings with business owners;
- Writing and reviewing business requirements documents and technical design documents (for both implementation projects and change requests);
- Develop functionalities using PL/SQL (including the construction of different application interfaces using logic implemented in SQL);
- Develop custom reports, as specified by business users;
- Following and ensuring that proposed deadlines are met;
- Writing and agreeing test scenarios with business owners;
- Participating and leading user acceptance testing meetings;
- Post go-live support;
- Support handover to colleagues from the Client's IT Department;
- Level 3 support activities, related to already implemented software applications;
- Escalation of support tickets to external providers.
- At least 1 year experience in implementing or developing software applications;
- Participated in at least one software application implementation project;
- Intermediate SQL scripting skills (Oracle or Microsoft based);
- Web Services knowledge (REST or SOAP) is considered a plus;
- Insurance or financial services business skills are considered a plus;
- Database administration skills are considered a plus;
- Linux skills (RedHat, Oracle Linux, CentOS) are considered a major plus.
- Excellent communicative skills;
- Fast learner;
- Passionate about the IT industry as a whole and about software applications in particular;
- English is a must;
- Well organized;
- Good stress management;
- Able to work under pressure.