JAVA DEVELOPMENT EXPERT
|Our client is the leading in-store and digital media specialist worldwide, working with more than 800 retail chains in more than 40 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
The Romanian branch, opened in the early 2000, is currently the companyÂ’s technology excellence center.
The team is a dynamic group of individuals who care about delivering value by balancing hard-work with having a good time. The company is on a journey to redevelop and innovate, using industryÂ’s best practice, focusing on leading edge methods and technologies, in order to meet customer demands.
The Development Java Expert is a hands-on coding and technical design role with responsibility for leading and coaching the team towards the systematic and consistent production of well-designed, extensible and maintainable (clean) code.
The delivery team provides software development services to all the company, covering primarily web and mobile solutions. The Development Expert typically works within a team comprising a Project/Product Manager, Developers, QAs and a Development Manager. Collaborating with other teams and stakeholders across geographical locations is required.
Guides the adoption, implementation and continuous improvement of technical quality that takes the form agreed principles and practices that are aligned with industry best practice.
● Quality of the code base and a champion for industry best practice that include clean code, executable specifications and continuous delivery
● Adherence to agreed technical design standards that references an architectural end-state for software that is aligned with industry best practice
● Contributing to and adherence to agreed coding standards that are aligned with industry best practice
● Proactive communication and escalation of code quality or related technical risks, issues and other relevant information
● Ensuring standards and guidelines are automated as much as possible to provide regular and timely feedback on the quality of code and designs
Delivery Practice Coach
Coaches members of the team towards technical industry best practice and appropriate measurable quality that leads to results that meet and at times exceeds customer expectations.
● Leads and facilitates technical communities to include executable specifications, clean code and continuous integration and delivery that includes cross teams collaboration to ensure consistency and shared knowledge
● Provides a focal point for the development effort to work through coding and/or design questions, issues and facilitate discussions, meetings and solutions as required and in collaboration with others
● Leads and contributes to code quality decisions to include trade-offs and the subsequent capture and tracking of technical debt that balances time, cost and scope against value
Promotes an environment where:
● it is enjoyable to do the right thing the right way
● quality is at the heart of everything we do
● waste is minimised if not eliminated
● we continually learn and improve
● advice and help is available
● SOLID Principles & Design Patterns evidence must include a deep understanding of and demonstrable use of principles and primarily GoF patterns, in addition to patterns such as MVC, IOC, Dependency Injection
● Test Driven Development evidence must include extensive use of xunit and mocking frameworks together with refactoring and code quality tools
● Databases evidence must include deep knowledge of MS SQL Server and/or Oracle, MySql
● Effective Communication evidence must include an excellent command of English both written and verbal to all levels within the organisation
● Mentoring/Coaching evidence must include pairing, appreciation of Agile and/or Lean principles particularly collective ownership, facilitation of learning sessions
● Environment having worked extensively in a fast paced, heterogeneous multi-platform environment with exposure to web and/or mobile platforms
It would be a plus if you have experience with:
● Continuous Delivery: evidence may include Jenkins, Ant/Nant, MsBuild
● Behaviour Driven Development evidence may include but not mandatory: RSpec/MSpec, SpecFlow, Domain Driven Design (DDD), Cucumber, Watir/Watin, Selenium, Fitnesse, StoryQ
● Community activity within the agile software Â“craftsmanshipÂ” community attending or facilitating workshops, conferences and published articles/content or blogs
● Administration evidence may include Windows, Linux, Mac and Network Administration, Virtualisation (VMWare/Hyper-V), cloud services, IaaS/PaaS, App Servers
Â• Motivating salary package;
Â• Bonuses based on demonstrable performance;
Â• Career path.