Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test [SDET]
|As a SaaS company, our client subscribes to agile software development principles.
Their product lifecycle process quickly adapts to meet the needs of their clients and their collaborative, cross-functional approach helps ensure they do that.
Committed to making their clients work easier and more successful, their software and services are used by over 2,400 public, private and pre-IPO customers to administer equity management plans and financial reporting processes.
Our client is looking for a Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test [SDET] who will be responsible for assuring product quality through test automation, code reviews, peer reviews, white-box testing and other forms of engineering excellence. The ideal candidate will love a good challenge and have a strong passion for quality and technology.
They are expanding and as the Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test [SDET], you will be an integral part of our client Disclosure Management and Agile product team. You will be a part of a growing remote, multi-site global team.
The technology stack youll be working with includes (but not limited to): .NET, C#, ASP.NET and SQL Queries.
What Youll Do:
- Analyzing product testing requirements, able to understand a complex financial system at a detailed functional level.
- Work with global product teams (onsite and remotely) to help define and implement automation suites, and to configure these tests into a continuous delivery framework
- Represent QA and contribute to architecture reviews, design reviews, code reviews and static code analysis
- Work closely with developers and extend automated unit test cases and share test code
- Collaborate with developers to create test automation strategies and test plans
- Design and implementation of automated test framework
- Ensure testability in code and measure code coverage
- Set up and run code reviews including review of the nightly regression runs and help identify problem areas (and help resolve and continuously update the suite to avoid false alarms)
- Lead and provide technical guidance across Certent product teams
- Coach/train automation and development engineers on testing techniques and ways to make code more testable.
What Youll Need:
- Excellent English language Mainly oral communication skills
- Mastery of software development concepts including Object Oriented Programming and design
- Proficient in .Net: C#, ASP.Net, SQL Queries
- In-depth understanding of Selenium (or equivalent framework) from the driver level up
- Ability to configure and maintain automated regression testing tools (we are using TeamCity but other continuous delivery tools are OK)
- Load Testing, Fuzz Testing and other types of testing experience
Preferred Skills include:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer science
- 2 years of experience in developing web based applications using .Net
- Extensive experience with test automation using Selenuim
- Experience with designing and building automation frameworks and continuous optimization of test suites
- In-depth knowledge of debugging in ASP, ASP .Net, C# environment
- Experience in object-oriented design and coding