Senior Full Stack Engineer
|Our client has built the leading cloud-based online scheduling, point of sale, and automated marketing suite to power the operations of local service businesses from salons and spas to pet groomers. It's used at over 14,000 locations across the US with sizes ranging from single-location sole proprietors to large chains and franchises.
The product is a mission-critical software that the customers use for over 10 hours per day. It's an all-in-one business solution built around a world-class scheduling platform that can grow revenue by as much as 30% through automated marketing and online distribution.
What makes this product unique is that it's a platform that allows our many third-party partners to integrate the online booking functionality into their own products.
The longer term vision is to become the largest platform in the world for online scheduling and local commerce.
You will work closely with a talented team of designers and engineers who design, implement and ship features from scratch. You have prior experience developing high quality software & are excited about doing that at a fast growing company. You know how to have productive technical discussions & how to make things as simple as possible, but no simpler. You want to work at a company that has a meaningful impact on the lives of small business owners and their customers. You will be ready to continuously iterate on features based on feedback from our complex analytics tools as well as user feedback.
You will not only craft high quality software, but also help in other aspects of building a new company: Designing features, making good product decisions, and building a culture of excellence. We're seeking engineers who are ready to attack deep technical challenges as well as have an impactful role in product and company development.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years of profession of professional software engineering experience. Degree in computer science or a related field is preferred
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, Django, or a similar web development frameworks
- Some experience with MySQL, Memcache, and extra credit for ElasticSearch experience
- Some experience with AWS products (EC2, RDS, S3, ELB) preferred but not required
- Self motivator with strong communication skills
- Experience with test suites, and writing tests
- Experience with performance analysis and optimization across the stack
- Stickler for perfection who cares about the details that make software products a joy to use
- Experience with mobile web a definite plus
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary. Equity. Opportunity to make a tremendous impact.
- Full Benefits Package, Catered Meals
- The chance to actually make a difference in a growing startup that is solving a big problem.