Datawarehouse SQL developer
|Our client is a globally operating French credit insurer which for nearly 70 years offers adapted risk prevention, monitoring and protection services to companies of all sizes and nationalities and in all sectors. Clients thus benefit from the expertise and organisation of an international Group that can offer them local service fine-tuned to their needs.
The group holds an estimated 20% market share in the credit insurance industry and is present directly or via strategic partnerships in 100 countries, with the ability to offer multinationals a structure suited to their needs that combines global reach and proximity, with a deep knowledge of local economic conditions in multiple sectors.
Due to their specific Business, it's not possible to find off-the-shelf software for all "core" activities so most of critical core business applications are developed internally.
Their current ambition is to be the most agile global trade credit partner in the industry, while evolving to a more capital efficient business model. The setting of a new IT Application Development Excellence Center based in Bucharest will allow a concentration of efforts and expertise for IT, the main pillar of the plan implementing the strategy.
The Datawarehouse SQL developer is in charge of implementing datawarehouse projects.
The role of the DWH Developer the following responsibilities:
- Design and engineer of high-performing, mission-critical, and scalable enterprise datawarehouses and datamarts.
- Responsible for ODI and data warehouse design, including build, migration and ETL
- Configure ETL processes, data mappings & transformations to orchestrate data integrations.
- Understand business processes, data entities, data producers, and data dependencies.
- Develop, manage, and validate existing data models including logical and physical models of the data warehouse and source systems.
- Determine the quality and integrity of data required to meet business needs and work towards resolving the most critical data quality issues.
- Evaluate and improve data quality throughout source systems by implementing data quality safeguards.
- Understanding of data corporate systems, data environments and data tools.
- Write clean, efficient, and testable triggers, procedures, functions, packages
- Participate in debugging and proposing fixes for issues including query performance issues
- Conduct POC (proof of concept) to certify a query approach over another
- Contribute in all phases of SDLC, including bug fixing and data problems investigation
- Participate in code reviews to ensure the implementation is maintainable, supportable, resilient and performing.
Requirements and Competencies
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- English (Mandatory)
- 2+ years of experience as a PL/SQL developer
- Proven hands-on experience with PL/SQL, ODI, IBM DataStage, SAP BO, Exadata
- Highly skills in Data Warehousing and ETL
- Functional understanding of operational IT processes
- Strong time management and multi tasking capability
- Savvy on Windows and Linux development environments
- Extensive experience with ER modeling
- Nice to know: SQLDeveloper, Caliber RM, Dimensions CM, HP ALM, UML
- Strong Oral and Written Communication
- Ability to estimate effort and schedule
- Vacation, Gift, and Meal Tickets
- Personal and Professional Development (Training and Certification)
- Gym Subscription and Medical Insurance (children included)
- Public Transportation Discount
- Monthly Short Friday
- Foosball and PS4 console