Oracle Database Specialist (junior / senior)
|Our client is a globally operating French credit insurer which for nearly 70 years offers adapted risk prevention, monitoring and protection services to companies of all sizes and nationalities and in all sectors. Clients thus benefit from the expertise and organisation of an international Group that can offer them local service fine-tuned to their needs.
The group holds an estimated 20% market share in the credit insurance industry and is present directly or via strategic partnerships in 100 countries, with the ability to offer multinationals a structure suited to their needs that combines global reach and proximity, with a deep knowledge of local economic conditions in multiple sectors.
Due to their specific Business, it's not possible to find off-the-shelf software for all "core" activities so most of critical core business applications are developed internally.
Their current ambition is to be the most agile global trade credit partner in the industry, while evolving to a more capital efficient business model. The setting of a new IT Application Development Excellence Center based in Bucharest will allow a concentration of efforts and expertise for IT, the main pillar of the plan implementing the strategy.
The Oracle Database Specialist is a local reference point for validating and supplying support on all topics related to Databases design or optimization.
Duties and Responsibilities
In close coordination with headquarter support team, duties and responsibilities of the Oracle Database Specialist include:
- Plans database upgrades by maintaining, evaluating, and improving a transaction processing model
- Able to monitor and Tune Database Performance
- Able to advice on Oracle database design
- Assesses database performance by developing a protocol for measurement of results and identification of problem areas.
- Supports database performance by monitoring database performance; evaluating and resolving processing and programming problems; designing database management tools; answering user questions.
Desired Skills & Experience minimum requirements
- For juniors: 1-2 years experience as a SQL developer specialized on Oracle Database and SQL optimization.
- For seniors : 2-3 years experience as a SQL developer specialized on Oracle Database and SQL optimization, plus 2/3 years as DBA Oracle administrator.
- Database : Oracle (Toplink/ JPA-Hibernate), MongoDBLINUX environment
- SQL, PL/SQL
- UML(design pattern)