Java Software Development Engineer
|Our client is a French multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace, defence , transportation and security markets. The principal purpose of them is to help their customers to create a safer world by giving them the tools they need to perform critical tasks.
At this moment they are looking for a Java Software Development Engineer who will be responsible for designing and implementing software solutions that are used in the railway industry. These applications have safety-critical requirements, so they are not allowed to stall or randomly crash.
You will be part of the team responsible for designing the Human Machine Interface.
- Define the architectural solutions on subsystem level
- Design, Implementation/Coding and Unit/Module testing
- Maintain existing product features, resolve issues and fix bugs
- Regular progress reporting
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a professional environment and collaborating closely with experts in Germany and Austria.
- Computer science graduates (Automatics and Computers Faculty, Informatics, Faculty of Cybernetics)
Requested technical competences:
- Strong knowledge of Java language (J2SE)
- Knowledge of OOD (Design Patterns) and UML
- Experience of full project lifecycle: design and documentation, development, unit testing, refactoring, deployment and maintenance.
Would be a plus:
- Eclipse RCP plug-in development
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping technologies
- Experience with Eclipse RCP plug-in development
- Experience with XML technologies (JAXB, DOM, XSD, etc.)
- Knowledge of Clearcase / Subversion, ClearQuest or DOORS
- Understanding of XML, schemas (XSD) and transforms (XSLT)
- Intercultural communication, including the empathy to work in an international team
- Solution oriented while being open to embrace new technologies
- Flexibility and availability to travel abroad from time to time
- Fluency in English
- German is a plus
Challenging projects with high safety requirements, professional development in multinational environment, training opportunities, attractive salary, medical care, restaurant tickets, sports programs, housing loan, etc.