Senior Software Architect
|Our client is a globally operating French credit insurer which for nearly 70 years offers adapted risk prevention, monitoring and protection services to companies of all sizes and nationalities and in all sectors. Clients thus benefit from the expertise and organisation of an international Group that can offer them local service fine-tuned to their needs.
The group holds an estimated 20% market share in the credit insurance industry and is present directly or via strategic partnerships in 100 countries, with the ability to offer multinationals a structure suited to their needs that combines global reach and proximity, with a deep knowledge of local economic conditions in multiple sectors.
Due to their specific Business, it's not possible to find off-the-shelf software for all 'core' activities so most of critical core business applications are developed internally.
Their current ambition is to be the most agile global trade credit partner in the industry, while evolving to a more capital efficient business model. The setting of a new IT Application Development Excellence Center based in Bucharest will allow a concentration of efforts and expertise for IT, the main pillar of the plan implementing the strategy.
For this new center, they are looking for a full-time Software Architect with advanced knowledge of database and application development, and design best practice methodologies. Qualified applicants will have expert-level knowledge of J2EE architecture, UML design, JAVA and framework associated.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in defining guidelines and strategies for the development group.
- Attends and makes presentations at meetings with peers and users.
- Troubleshoots complex problems and proposes and/or implements appropriate solutions.
- Plans, designs, architects, and develops solutions to support group developments.
- Consults with group I.T. technical staff, outside consultants and vendors, as appropriate, to refine the scope and definition of assigned projects to ensure successful completion in a timely manner.
- In collaboration with management and other stakeholders, determines technology architecture, product choices, and implementation strategy. Provides sizing and ongoing capacity analysis for servers associated with projects.
- Designs and develops maintenance schedules, procedures, and documentation; ensures they are current, understood, communicated and complied with.
- Customizes third party systems using available development tools.
- Performs data analysis, performance optimizations, and database maintenance as required.
- Advises and directs other development group members and provides assistance on projects. Responsible for the implementation, coordination and management of projects when required.
- Must have expert understanding of n-tier architecture in an enterprise environment.
- Must possess strong project management skills.
- Must possess a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills so as to be able to work well with employees at all levels within the organization and maintain all information in the strictest of confidence. Required to use tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
- Must have ability to read, write and communicate fluent English; ability to compose documents in the appropriate business style using correct grammar and spelling; ability to communicate clearly using proper grammar and diction over the telephone.
- Must possess attention to detail, ability to balance multiple projects and have strong time management skills.
- Must have ability to reason and apply common-sense understanding to situations encountered.
- Ability to process routine daily functions while being able to resolve sensitive issues and complex assignments utilizing above average critical thinking skills
- Has the local responsibility to assess respect of IT group rules regarding IT process, design, developments and tests.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5+ yearsâ experience as a Software Developer Prior experience in a technical leadership position
- College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
Core Competency Requirements
- Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and object/relational mapping
- Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java
- Familiarity with CMMI
- Experience with popular web application frameworks
- Familiarity with Java GUI frameworks
- Familiarity with Agile methodology
- Experience with both external and embedded databases
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- Familiarity with continuous integration