PeopleSoft - Software Development Team Leader
|Our client is a globally operating French credit insurer which for nearly 70 years offers adapted risk prevention, monitoring and protection services to companies of all sizes and nationalities and in all sectors. Clients thus benefit from the expertise and organisation of an international Group that can offer them local service fine-tuned to their needs.
The group holds an estimated 20% market share in the credit insurance industry and is present directly or via strategic partnerships in 100 countries, with the ability to offer multinationals a structure suited to their needs that combines global reach and proximity, with a deep knowledge of local economic conditions in multiple sectors.
Due to their specific Business, it's not possible to find off-the-shelf software for all 'core' activities so most of critical core business applications are developed internally.
Their current ambition is to be the most agile global trade credit partner in the industry, while evolving to a more capital efficient business model. The setting of a new IT Application Development Excellence Center based in Bucharest will allow a concentration of efforts and expertise for IT, the main pillar of the plan implementing the strategy.
For this new center, they are looking for a Software Development Team Lead who will be part of development team, building and working on PeopleSoft / PeopleTools suite. The Software Development Team Lead will provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of IT Development, the duties and responsibilities of the Software Development Team Lead include:
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits. Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web- and desktop-based business applications built on Microsoft technologies.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards. Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 6+ yearsâ experience as a Software Developer
- Prior experience in a technical leadership position
- College or University degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
Core Competency Requirements
- At least 4 years of PeopleSoft development experience primarily in implementation or support of Financials modules
- Candidate must have hands on technical experience in at least 3 of following PeopleSoft financials module AR/BI, AP, PO, EX, AM, CM and GL
- Candidate must have experience with PeopleTools, People Code, Application packages, Application Designer, Application Engine, Integration Broker and SOA as it relates to PeopleSoft.
- Strong SQL skills are required (Oracle)
- Candidate must have a thorough knowledge of PeopleSoft technical architecture (PIA, Web and App Servers, and Database Server).
- Candidate must have experience with interfaces, workflow, and report development using all technical tools provided by PeopleSoft
- Knowledge on Linux environment