IT Area Manager
|Our client is a global leader in providing customer contact management solutions/customer engagement solutions and services in the business process outsourcing (BPO) arena.
They provide an array of sophisticated customer contact management solutions to Fortune 1000 companies around the world, primarily in the communications, financial services, healthcare, technology and transportation and leisure industries.
They specialize in providing flexible, high quality customer support outsourcing solutions with an emphasis on inbound technical support and customer service. They have customer contact management centers throughout the world, providing their services through multiple communication channels encompassing phone, e-mail, web, chat and social media.
Utilizing its integrated onshore/offshore global delivery model, along with virtual at-home agents, they serve their clients through two geographic operating segments: the Americas and EMEA. Sykes Romania has offices in Cluj Napoca, Sibiu and Oradea.
1. PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- The primary function of the Manager of IT Area is to manage and direct the Support IT staff for the Customer Support Service (CSS) Centres in their designated Area.
- The role is responsible for the technical operation and maintenance, including preventive maintenance, of all data and voice communications within their Area. This includes coordinating support staff to meet client objectives, managing to an operational support budget and meeting internal and external deadlines.
- The post holder acts as an escalation for technologist in defining systems requirements for new and existing clients, as well as the installation, configuration and deployment of internal or external tools.
- They will resolve conflicting demands from internal and external users for service to ensure quality support is provided.
- The role interfaces with internal and external management and Information Technology teams in problem solving and coordinates the appropriate resources to participate in resolution activities.
2. RESPONSIBILITIES AND END RESULTS
- Delivery of IT services within Romania to meet and exceed client expectations
- Directly supervises in country IT Support Staff.
- Manages direct and indirect IT / Telephony support for operations at contact centres.
- Oversees the deployment of IT / Telephony âbest practicesâ related to the all IT / Telephony Operations technologies.
- Manages the Area IT Budget on a month-to-month basis, provides forecasting information, and ensure they stay within budget.
- Tasks deployment team for deployment of EMEA IT/Telephony systems and coordinates system implementations with internal and external IT/Telephony teams. Act as a point of contact to both the Client and the IT teams during installation, configuration, deployment and âhand offâ to site staff.
- Incident Processes â Further develop the processes to improve the efficiency of communication, escalation and technical resolution, through business owner communication, performance management and resource capacity planning. To work with the corporate service desk and EMEA IT to develop and deploy corporate standards in this area.
- Incident Management â Manage the day to day local Area / Site helpdesk operations, through resource management, monitoring, escalations, management reporting and client liaison.
- Build on internal client relationships to ensure the IT organization works closely to meet business requirements, including the development and maintenance of SLAâs.
- Responsible for physical IT asset management for CSS centres and provide reports to management and the Asset Manager in accordance with company standards.
- Responsible for all CSS centre software compliance issues and provide reporting as needed.
- Ensure that corporate standards and procedures are employed throughout the work of the team and throughout the Area.
- Ensure the timely and accurate reporting for Tellibiling and additional local services
3. EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- University degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess understanding of the technology deployed in the contract centre environment.
- Aprox 7 years of experience in managing IT operations and thorough knowledge of emergency operating procedures, or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Minimum of 4 years experience of leading, managing and developing teams.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal including;
- Ability to translate complex technology concepts in to end-user terminology.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Strong influencing skills and able to influence outside area of direct control.
- Able to prioritise workload to meet challenging deadlines and ability to multi-task.
- Experienced in the use of MS Office:- MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Expe-rience in project management is desired
- Must be willing to travel where business needs demand.