Senior C++ Software Engineer
|Our client makes games â how cool is that? In fact, they entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. Thatâs why they employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead:
The Senior C++ Software Engineer will be responsible for developing prototype applications, deploying existing games across multiple platforms and update current games with new features. You will work closely with other engineers, producers and development managers to achieve studio-wide development goals.
What a Senior Software Engineer does:
As a Senior C++ Software Engineer, you will be responsible with adding new features to existing games and porting existing games across multiple platforms.
You will also implement debugging systems for client and server applications and provide technical documentation of source code and APIs.
You will have the opportunity to:
-Stay in touch with latest technology advancements in the game development industry while working in a cross-platform environment ranging from PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC to iOS and Android devices;
- Have direct contact with cutting edge technology by contributing to a powerful game engine showcasing state of the art asset editors, pipelines, profilers and libraries;
- Have the chance to put your mark on the game and on the playerâs experience by working on features in areas like Gameplay, Rendering, AI, Animation, UI, Online, Core Systems and Audio;
- Be challenged to get the most out of the hardware by performing platform specific optimizations in terms of performance, tackling items like concurrency, threading, cache usage, memory allocation and access patterns etc
The next great Senior C++ Software Engineer also needs:
- Vast experience with C and C++.
- Thorough knowledge of software design principles, object oriented programming concepts and common design patterns.
- Strong grasp on algorithms and data structures.
- Familiar with multiple debugging techniques.
- Strong understanding of code revision control workflow and tools.
- Experience with memory management and aware of memory allocation patterns. [Nice to have]
- Thorough knowledge of the standard library and STL containers [Nice to have]
- Experience with performance profiling tools. [Nice to have]
What is in it for you? Glad you asked!
We love to brag about their great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement and, of course, free video games. And since they realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games, they offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off of creativity and individuality. They live the âwork hard/play hardâ credo every day.