|Our client is a leading, global technology provider of beyond the firewall collaboration solutions. Over 99% of the Global Fortune 1000 use their platform to securely share content and collaborate anytime, anywhere, with business partners.
A pioneer in software-as-a-service computing, over 18 years ago they created the first solutions for syndicated lending, which then led to the world's first virtual data rooms (VDRs), used to support the complex and highly regulated process of managing strategic financial transactions. Gartner recognizes them as the top ranked supplier in the Enterprise Collaboration and Social Software category.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our Reporting and Analytics initiative. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work with our Data Engineers in the development of a system to manage the lifecycle and evolution of our data warehousing and data analytics strategy to drive a variety of business intelligence use cases and applications for our customers.
About the team:
The IRM&OWA team is responsible for two core products. Through IRM (Information Rights Management) we offer security of our client's content, behind and beyond the firewall. We also offer lifetime control over shared content, wherever it may be, as you can change/remove/add permissions live but also track document activity across locations and through time, offering analytics and reporting data about how your documents are being used. This team is responsible for putting the word "secure" near content management.
OWA (Office Web App) is the online document viewer that enables the user to access and edit documents directly from our content management solution.
The team consists of self-motivated and highly experienced engineers working with cutting edge technologies.
- Develops ideas from a highâ level description to a shippable product
- Obtains and reviews requirements from Product Management indicating the business needs and functionalities of the proposed application
- Engages in discussions with Product Management and others on the feasibility of the proposed application and the time necessary to accomplish the work
- Writes detailed design documents describing the approach to be taken and programming details
- Assume ownership of modules and/or technology areas.
- Reviews code to ensure compliance with coding standards and to ensure that defined requirements are met
- Makes recommendations for improvements
- Fixes defects found. Repeats the testing cycle until the new application works flawlessly
- Prepares related documentation
- Responds to and resolves escalated calls for technical assistance received from production support
- Plans and Executes functional and performance testing on shippable product
- Experience building large scale distributed systems
- Experience designing and developing REST based APIs for specific functions and services
- Experience in test automation, continuous integration and deployment
- Familiar with DevOps practices and operational maintenance
- Full application stack experience in a SaaS environment
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in a multiâsite environment with on shore and off shore team
- Fast adaptability and learning skills
- Familiarity with source control tools such as Git, SVN etc.
- Strong knowledge in:
REST API / JSON / XML
SQL and/or NoSQL databases
Solid knowledge of UNIX/Linux, unit testing frameworks
Nice-to have Skills:
- Familiarity with Data warehousing, ETL principles and methods, data analytics.
- Linux/Python/Perl scripting
- Familiarity with Chef, Ansible, SaltStack, Puppet based deployment strategies
- Experience with any JVM language (Java, Scala, Clojure etc.)
- Familiarity with Data warehouse reporting and visualization on large data sets
- Java script based reporting and visualization frameworks such as C3/D3, Chart.js, etc.
- Familiarity with Tableau, Cognos, or similar BI tools
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services is a plus
- Experience with troubleshooting network or application protocols
- Familiarity with Apigee, Swagger, and other API related technologies
- Experience with JIRA/ Confluence
- .Net Framework/.Net Core
- Experience with CI tools such as Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory
- Experience with Static Analysis tools like Sonar, Veracode, Coverity, Fortify
- Familiarity with Vert.x
- Familiarity with Backbone.js
- BS or MS in Math or Computer Science
Compensation and perks:
- Motivating salary package;
- Profesional trainings;
- Career path;
- Flexible work hours / Work from home policy;
- Open vacation policy - (you can take as much vacation/days off as you want as long as your job is on time)
- 1 Day per week working from home policy
- Your choice of PC or MAC computer
- Private medical subscription