Senior Java Developer
|Our client is a B2B provider of premium sports betting services to licensed B2C gaming operators. Their services encompass a broad offering from front end user interface through to odds compiling, customer intelligence and risk management, built on an in-house developed software platform.
With offices in Stockholm, London, Manila and Malta (HQ), currently, the development team consists of more than 90 people globally constantly trying to improve the process of turning user stories into shippable code. They are dedicated to value driven development, and think lean software development is a great way of achieving that and they use Scrum to support our efforts along the road.
The coverage includes more than 165,000 live betting events and 300,000 pre-match events per year covering 65 different sports from all over the world.
You will have an opportunity to work in a fast growing global business with the latest technology and brilliant colleagues. You will find a fun and flexible working culture and a commitment to developing their employees.
Join them from the start of their journey in Romania, to establish the software development team in their Bucharest office.
This team will be working on and off from their Stockholm office for their first 6 months in order to get a lean induction into the values and company culture. The aim is to build a minimal viable product on site in Stockholm and then relocate to their Bucharest office permanently and evolve the product from there together with the local product experts.
- Mainly work with Java powered by Spring Core, REST/JSON, Embedded Jetty;
- Nice to have experience with: Lucene, Embedded Jetty, ZooKeeper, Postgres, Linux, Maven, Kafka, JMS/AMQP, JBehave
- Build scalable and maintainable systems that runs and fails gracefully
- Write testable software in collaboration with our testers
- Support their Product Owners with technical insight
- Apply their technical skills and curiosity to the product development process
- Continuously improve our development process
- Improve our continuous integration and get us to the next level of Continuous Delivery
- Love releasing software
We would like you to:
- Have worked in a team for 5 years developing, deploying and maintaining one or more software products in production
- Love technology, stay up-to-date on relevant new developments and have excellent knowledge of Java
- Proved ability to understand complex technical environments and have relevant experience in creating high-scalability applications
- Have sound knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL)
- Have demonstrated that you have the mindset and skills to become an effective part of a cross-functional, self-organizing, self-managing team
- Have both theoretical and practical knowledge of agile and/or lean software development
- Demonstrate excellent speaking and writing English skills
- 6 months of on-site induction next to Stockholm Development Team. Generous travel allowance, accommodation and weekly flights to Bucharest during your stay in Stockholm
- Work in a successful and fast-growing company
- Expand your skill set by solving technically challenging problems
- Work with a highly transactional system with high availability requirements
- A fun and flexible work environment
- Management culture which understands and encourages the best practices of Agile methodologies
- Ability to directly influence your teamsâ work environment and processes