Senior Android Developer
|Our client is a leading, global technology provider of beyond the firewall collaboration solutions. Over 99% of the Global Fortune 1000 use their platform to securely share content and collaborate anytime, anywhere, with business partners.
A pioneer in software-as-a-service computing, over 18 years ago they created the first solutions for syndicated lending, which then led to the world's first virtual data rooms (VDRs), used to support the complex and highly regulated process of managing strategic financial transactions. Gartner recognizes them as the top ranked supplier in the Enterprise Collaboration and Social Software category.
For them we are currently looking for an Android Developer, in order to join their local mobile team and work closely with the Boston teams.
The mobile Team is chartered with designing and developing Android and iOS applications for the companyÃ¯Â¿Â½s products. The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for designing and implementing complex software applications for specific program modules within a bigger application based on broad requirements.
- Obtains and reviews requirements from Product Management indicating the business needs and functionalities of the proposed application
- Engages in discussions with Product Management and others on the feasibility of the proposed application and the time necessary to accomplish the work.
- Creates a high level design document that describes the approach to be taken and programming details.
- Partners with Senior Developers to contribute to development of a detailed design, specifying tables, fields, types of data to capture, etc.
- Independently designs and implements complex software applications for specific program modules within a bigger application based on broad requirements. Recognized for expertise in multiple technical areas or products. May research, evaluate, and make recommendations to management on the purchase of new technology to meet the current and future needs of the company.
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, is regarded as an Expert within the department; leverages that experience and knowledge to achieve goals in creative ways and coach or mentor peers to the same end. May contribute to development of functional objectives and practices to achieve broad business goals.
- Facilitates collaboration within and across teams for the best possible results.
- Responds to and resolves escalated calls for technical assistance received from production support.
- Works autonomously within broad objectives. Seeks input and assistance as needed.
- Mentor less experienced Mobile Developers including offshore team.
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- Extensive design experience.
- Expert level knowledge of the Android SDK.
- Must have already developed one or more professional Android apps. Must have published these apps successfully to Google play store.
- Strong background in Object Oriented Programming and Design patterns
- XML & Web services: REST/SOAP
- Knowledge of unit testing frameworks for mobile apps
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
- Passionate "do whatever it takes" attitude.
- Goal-oriented and deadline-oriented.
Compensation and perks:
- Motivating salary package;
- Profesional trainings;
- Career path;
- Flexible work hours / Work from home policy;
- Private medical subscription.
- Open vacation policy - as long as your job is on time, take as much vacation/days off as you want
- Your choice of PC or MAC computer
Other useful info:
- Product centric company which develops its own products in house, no outsourcing used at all. We have full control on lifecycle of the product.
- Startup like environment and work culture (flexible hours, wfh policy, team building activities)
- We are building a DevOPS culture
- We are shifting from a manual oriented QA to a fully automated QA on all our product lines
- Mid-sized company with low friction communication and relatively flat hierarchy where we focus on a mission not on politics.
- We have dedicated Performance engineering department which focuses on performance aspects only of our products (separate than QC)